THE RECORDABLE BUTTONS for hours of enrichment fun with your pet
Teach Your Dog, Cat or Bunny to Talk With Buttons
If you have always wondered what your dog has to say, now is your chance to find out. Now, you can learn how to teach your dog to talk with buttons. Using recordable dog training buttons is a fun way to increase the communication that you already have with your dog. It is also something that, with a little bit of practice, every dog can use to communicate at least basic things like wanting a walk or to play.
Step By Step
The thought of teaching your dog to “talk” via communication buttons might sound daunting but at least on an initial basic level, it is something that many animals should be able to master. The key is patience and consistency. Rushing the process would likely get your pet pushing buttons but not necessarily really understanding the meaning behind the button they push.
A. Recording messages
Included in the box:
Download PDF- manual
- Once you have your buttons, you will want to start teaching your dog to use them. The easiest way will be to pair buttons with things that are high value in your dog’s life. Examples might be playing, walks, going into the yard etc. Essentially you want to select words to start with that your dog already has an association with and that are things your dog enjoys. Struggling to come up with what words already have meaning for your dog? What about “Toilet, treat, walk, throw ball, ….
- Once you have a button ready, it is time to start using it. At this stage, you will push the button every time you and your dog are about to do whatever is associated with the button. So, for example, every time it is time to take the dog out, push the button causing it to say “potty” and then you take your dog outside. The goal is not to force your dog to push the button or even to directly teach your dog to push the button in the way that you might for a button-pushing trick. The button themselves will be used to cue to you they would like to do the activity. Again, the key to this is consistency and patience.
- Over time, after watching you push the button, your dog will make the connection between the button and the desired activity. At this point, your dog will mirror you and push the button herself. When your dog uses the button give lots of praise and immediately give your dog what was asked for. So, for this example, when the dog pushes the button that says “potty,” have a little party and immediately take her outside to the backyard.
- As your dog masters understanding using one button, you can begin to add in more buttons for different aspects of your dog’s day. You can also introduce different toys or games in the same way, by rewarding your dog when they push the button for a specific toy or games which you recorded such as play fetch, throw ball, chase me, ….
- Think about how many words your dog already knows from cues for trained tricks and behaviours to people, objects, and experiences such as the names of toys, the park, the beach, etc. With this approach to training, all the words your dog already knows (as well as other objects and experiences) can all be named for your dog. And in time, your dog could, in theory, be able to use their recorded buttons to ask for those objects and “have a conversation” with you. Many people put a bell on their door and teach them to ring the bell when they need to go out.
- Find all info on https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/how-to-teach-your-dog-to-talk
Included in the box:
- Pack of 4 x Talking buttons (1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Pink, 1 Blue) – record up to 30 sec, messages are re-recordable so reuse time and time again.
- Batteries 2 x AAA NOT included
- Please keep this document for future reference as it contains important information.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years of age
- Rechargeable batteries must be removed from the battery compartment before being charged.
- Non-rechargeable batteries are not to be charged.
- Do not mix different type of batteries.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Batteries must be fitted with the correct polarity.
- Exhausted batteries must be removed from the battery compartment.
- The power supply terminals must not be short-circuited.
Download PDF- manual